Senior Post-excavation Officer
Permanent position following 6 month probation
Salary £30,000 – £40,000 (dependant on skills and experience)
Archaeological Research Services Ltd are recruiting a Senior Post-Excavation Officer to lead our post-excavation team on a variety of project work.
Are you a highly motivated and organised with attention to detail and excellent written English skills? Are you good at illustrative and working to deadlines? Ideally we are looking for someone who also has strong IT skills and is proficient with using GIS and / or other relevant IT packages. This post will ideally be based at our Bakewell office, although other locations could be considered, with travel for meetings, site visits and training as appropriate. Applications are invited for a professional, highly motivated and capable Senior Post-Excavation Officer. You will be responsible for contributing work on commercial and research-based archaeological projects. A thorough knowledge of British archaeology is essential and the ability to ‘make sense’ of archaeological data and sites and place them in their regional/national context. You must be able to work as an effective team member who can be relied on to deliver to tight deadlines. We are a high performing company with a professional and friendly culture and with many outstanding performers. We maintain a high commitment to staff development and training and look forward to supporting career development and developing people to be the best they can be.
In return, we offer an exciting range of employee benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme linked to achieving Company performance targets
- Attractive Company pension contribution
- Life assurance cover
- Sector-leading commitment to training and career progression
- Member of the Company’s health cash plan which includes a wide range of health services and financial support
- Discounts and rewards on health, fitness and entertainment
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Additional annual leave awarded according to accrued length of service
- Accommodation provided for away work with subsistence
- Full personal protective equipment and Company branded workwear
- 100% of CIfA subscription fees and CSCS card fees
To apply, visit our website www.archaeologicalresearchservices.com/about-us/careers/ and download, fill in and submit all the required documentation set out below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to discuss the post with us then please ring us on 01629 814540 and ask for ‘personnel’.
Applicants must complete and send in;
·Covering letter comprising 250 words on why you consider yourself a suitable candidate.
·Application form (downloadable from our website)
·Equal opportunities form (optional)