Are you looking to start a career in archaeology but not sure what options are open to you? Do you want some advice on the best training opportunities out there, how to set out your CV, and how you can access networks of archaeologists who can give you advice and support? Are you unsure about CIfA accreditation and how it can help your career?
Well, hopefully we can help! At CIfA2017 we will be holding an informal and interactive workshop on Thursday 20 April from 3-5pm where there will be members who can answer these questions and give you advice on what they have done to get on the archaeological career ladder. We'll be looking to cover topics such as
• The various options for career entry training including NVQs and apprenticeships
• How to get a workplace training programme and why it's useful
• The experience you need to get your first job and what training you should look out for to add to your personal development plan
• How to get CIfA accreditation and access to our career pathway information
• What CIfA groups have to offer in terms of specialist networks, training courses, good practice advice, joining a committee, and getting involved with CIfA?
• How to set out your CV and promote yourself to employers
• What counts as Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and how to record it
• Gain some CPD straight away with our online training module
You can book your place at the conference via our Eventbrite page at www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cifa2017-archaeology-a-global-profession-tickets-....
We have a number of bursaries available for delegates who may need assistance with the cost of attending the conference, and in particular the Hal Dalwood Memorial Conference Bursary which is specifically there to enable an early career archaeologist to attend the CIfA conference. For more information about how to apply please go to www.archaeologists.net/conference/2017
We look forward to seeing you there!