25 – 29 April 2022
Apex City of Bath Hotel + online
CIfA is delighted to announce that the CIfA2022 conference will be hosted from Monday, 25 April - Friday, 29 April 2022.
Encouraged by the success of our first digital conference in 2021 and the gradual safe return to live events, we intend to offer our 2022 conference as an integrated week-long live and digital conference experience. Our hope is that our hybrid programme will continue to encourage the accessibility of the conference by offering the flexibility to attend online or in person at the Apex City of Bath Hotel, UK.
CIfA2022 will incorporate keynote addresses, wide-ranging sessions and training workshops in an integrated live and virtual forum. Across the week of the conference, we will discuss current professional issues, showcase new developments, and present research in archaeology and the wider heritage sector. Our conference is the premier professional archaeological conference in the UK, attracting hundreds of participants across the heritage environment sector.
CIfA2022 call for papers - now open!
Our draft conference programme details the sessions that have been confirmed for CIfA2022 and are actively calling for papers. These sessions are welcoming submissions from individuals, groups or organisations who would be interested in contributing to the session at CIfA2022.
Papers should explore how archaeologists make a difference: to people's lives, to the practice of archaeology, to the places where we live, work and socialise and to our profession. We want these to showcase great archaeology, to stimulate debate, and to look at where archaeologists are generating new knowledge, understanding and contributing to the big questions of our time.
While CIfA2022 will be a hybrid conference, some of the sessions will be a digital delivery and others delivered in person at the Apex City of Bath hotel. We intend to record all presentations delivered at CIfA2022 and to livestream presentations delivered in person to our digital attendees. All session recordings (digital and livestreams) will be made available for our attendees to view on demand from the Cadence online conference platform.
|View draft programme & call for papers|
To submit a proposal for a paper:
- email the session organisers with the title of your paper and an abstract of up to 150 words
- make sure you include your name and contact details in your submission
- advise if you have any additional requirements, needs, or may need any logistical support
- if you can confirm your availability to deliver online or attend in person on the date/time of the session as per our draft timetable
- consider the delivery and format of your paper based on whether the session is to be delivered in person or an online format. If delivering in person, consider how you might engage our digital audience through the livestream, if delivering online you may wish to use some of the features of Zoom or our online conference platform Cadence (eg – a pre-recording a video presentation, live streaming from on site, considering if other media such as slides, audio, video, animation, or polls might be used, if breakout rooms might be needed etc)
The deadline for the submission of papers is
14 January 2022
CIfA2022 Registration opening in mid-December
Digital and in-person registration for CIfA2022 will be opening soon with bursaries available to assist with the cost of attending CIfA2022. Further information on conference pricing and bursary options will be provided shortly.
Sponsorship and exhibition
We have a variety of sponsorship, exhibition and promotional opportunities available both online and in person in Bath for CIfA2022. To find out more about CIfA2022 sponsorship packages, exhibition or advertising, please click here to view our sponsorship and exhibition brochure. To find out more or to book, please contact us via email@example.com.
If you have any questions or would like any further information on CIfA2022, please don’t hesitate to contact our team on: firstname.lastname@example.org Keep up to date with the latest conference news via our eBulletin and on social media: #CIfA2022.
Our annual conference has been held since CIfA formed in 1982. A list of recent conferences is shown below with links to the conference programme or (for more recent events) the conference webpages.
- 2021 - Online - Promoting the profession
- 2020 - Cancelled due to COVID-19
- 2019 - Leeds - Archaeology: values, benefits and legacies
- 2018 - Brighton - Pulling together: collaboration, synthesis, innovation
- 2017 - Newcastle - Archaeology: a global profession
- 2016 - Leicester - Archaeology in Context
- 2015 - Cardiff - The future of your profession
- 2014 - Glasgow - Research in Practice
- 2013 - Birmingham - Making Waves
- 2012 - Oxford - Working in Partnership
- 2011 - Reading - Understanding Significance
CIfA2022 is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, nationality, education, experience, career or speciality. By registering to attend CIfA2022 you confirm you have read our CIfA2022 online conference harassment page and understand that any form of harassment, discrimination and bullying is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
CIfA2022 aims to be as accessible and inclusive as possible and further information on online conference accessibility can be found here. If you have any requests or suggestions for how we can make the conference more accessible for you, please do get in touch at email@example.com.