This guide is aimed at anyone who needs to meet the requirements of legislation or policy that relate to archaeology. It explains what you need to do and why you need a professional archaeologist to help you through the process. Following this guide will increase your chances of reaping benefits from your archaeological work and avoiding some of the possible hazards of working in the historic environment.
Involving professionally accredited archaeologists early in your project
- assures you that the work will meet your needs and the needs of the public
- ensures you have the right skills in place to understand and meet your obligations and opportunities
- helps you plan your resources
Professional Archaeology: a guide for clients 2021
Theme: Innovations: new ways to deliver social value through archaeology
Professional archaeology: a guide for clients 2021 (flipping-page book))
Hosted on our publishers website.
Section extracts and case studies (PDF)
- Archaeology: A quick introduction
- Realising economic and public benefits through archaeology
- Archaeology, planning policy and legislation, and good practice guidance
- The role of the professional archaeologist and procurement
- Professional registers
- Innovations: new ways to deliver social value through archaeology case studies